We, Altris, has an exciting job offer for a Senior Cell Process Engineer who would join our growing cell development team and play an integral role in the design and manufacture of sodium ion battery cells for a variety of applications.
As a Senior Cell Process Engineer, you will work in the core of Altris – where battery cells are manufactured. You will be responsible for specifying the process requirements and steps upon which Altris’s cells are manufactured on and will work closely with the team to see the designed cell come to life. The Senior Cell Process Engineer will work on both current and future designs which requires keeping a holistic eye on both current and future state-of-the-art technology processes.
The Senior Cell Process Engineer will be responsible for defining process flow, building layout, equipment specifications and working with external equipment suppliers to ensure the equipment is tested prior to delivery and commissioning of equipment. Once the equipment is installed and running, you will work with the production engineers to optimize yield and minimize downtime. In parallel the Senior Cell Process engineer will play a key role in developing control plans, PFMEAs and other associated manufacturing and quality documents.
You will work in a modern workplace with a new innovative battery technology with the aim of enabling the transition to a carbon free society.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
Overall areas of responsibility and activities
- Developing Process equipment for advanced sodium-ion battery cells for a variety of applications
- Review and approve cell designs and translate the requirements into process technical specifications (process diagrams, equipment specifications etc)
- Manage detailed design and process engineering from PO to FAT for manufacturing equipment
- Lead design reviews and FMEAs with suppliers and internal teams
- Provide feedback, guidance and support to suppliers to ensure equipment quality and delivery in accordance with technical specification
- Work with quality teams to develop comprehensive control plans and ensure equipment are operating within the control plan ranges.
- Own and lead commissioning activities on site and develop the necessary documentation / training required to ensure a smooth hand over to the production team.
- Work with the manufacturing team to optimize yield and introduce process improvements and predictive maintenance regimes
- Monitoring and reporting progress and success criteria to senior management and the wider cell development team
Education or other qualifications or competences relevant in order to succeed in the job
Qualifications, Experience and Education Requirements:
- Engineering Degree (in any area)
- 5+ years of practical experience working within cell development at a battery company of which 3 years (minimum) should be related to the manufacturing of battery cells.
- Experience in the manufacturing of battery cells including
- Extensive knowledge of production processes (Slurry through to Cell Assembly and End of Line) plus knowledge of cell components (cathode, anode, separators, electrolyte etc)
- Experience specifying the technical requirements for a battery cell (Pouch/Prismatic) production site (including facility related requirements)
- Experience working with equipment suppliers for the procurement and commissioning of Cell Manufacturing Equipment
- Experience in Sodium Ion Chemistry is preferred but not a requirement.
- Experience in engineering best practices (PFMEAs, Control Plans, Lean Engineering etc)
Skills and Abilities
- Good written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Good communication skills in as you will work in close collaboration with a wide range of people (customers, suppliers, management, engineers and technicians)
- High level of accountability; someone who thrives of finishing tasks / meeting deadlines.
- Ability to identify and solve problems
- Ability to handle and successfully complete multiple assignments simultaneously
- Ability to identify priorities of work and delegate work to the broader team
- Ability to work in a fast moving and changing environment (start-up environment)
Personal success factors
- Creativity and GRIT with a can-do attitude
- Accountability and responsibility
- Organizational skills
- Openness for people’s ideas