We are looking for an experienced process engineer to join us in our development, scale up and industrialization of our Sodium-ion cathode manufacturing facility, the first of its kind in Europe!
Cathode production is the core of Altris’s business. By joining us, you will play an integral role in establishing Altris as the premier Sodium-Ion cathode technology developer, in turn enabling the transition to a truly sustainable battery chemistry.
As a senior process engineer within our Cathode Process Engineering team, you will play an important role in the interface between R&D engineers, equipment suppliers, engineering contractors, chemical experts, environmental engineers and production teams. You will play a leading role in the design and optimization of a multistage, solution mediated precipitation process with the aim of ensuring the successful scale up of our cathode production facility, whilst ensuring the facility can efficiently integrate newer materials or processes which are under development.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
Overall areas of responsibility and activities
- Lead activities across all process discipline areas; Facilities and Utilities, Pre-cursor development, Material Handling, Equipment Engineering and Commissioning, and Process Safety
- Lead and be the key interface with equipment suppliers, engineering contractors, material experts, production and procurement teams
- Grow and develop the process engineering team by bringing in industry best practices, tools and processes and playing an active role in recruiting.
- Drive equipment vendor technical selection processes including inspection, FATs, SATs.
- Review and approve technical requirements from development team and translate the requirements into process technical specifications (process diagrams, equipment specifications etc.)
- Ensure that the process design conforms to all safety, environmental and technical requirements.
- Lead process commissioning, start up and ensure smooth handover to production team.
- Establish systematic risk assessments along with 8D/5WHY for nonconformities
- To take part in gate reviews and to champion systematic problem solving and knowledge-driven decision making
- Lead and document lessons learned at project closure relating fulfillment of PDCA cycle and internal KPI’s regarding test activities and establishment of continuous improvement plans
- Supporting in the standardization of tools and methods to foster and spread best practice methods/solutions
Education or other qualifications or competences relevant in order to succeed in the job
Qualifications, Experience and Education Requirements
- 7+ Years of Industrial Chemical Process Engineering
- Degree in Chemical Engineering or similar
- Experience working on the execution of large-scale chemical plants (brownfield/greenfield)
- Extensive knowledge of chemical production processes (i.e., reactors, scrubbers, material transfer methods, quality methods, packaging, etc.)
- Experience in developing the technical documentation required for chemical processes (i.e., equipment specification, process engineering diagrams, equipment commissioning documentation, control plans, etc.)
- Experience working with facility/building contractors to ensure successful installation of production equipment
- Experience commissioning production lines and overseeing the handover to production teams.
- Experience working with chemical processes under inert conditions is preferred
- Experience working with precipitation reactions is preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Good written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Good communication skills in as you will work in close collaboration with a wide range of people (customers, suppliers, management, engineers and technicians)
- High level of accountability; someone who thrives of finishing tasks / meeting deadlines.
- Ability to identify and solve problems
- Ability to handle and successfully complete multiple assignments simultaneously
- Ability to identify priorities of work and delegate work to the broader team
- Ability to work in a fast moving and changing environment (start-up environment)
Personal success factors
- Creativity and GRIT with a can-do attitude
- Accountability and responsibility
- Organizational skills
- Openness for people’s ideas